Saturday, April 2, 2011

Out of My Comfort Zone!!

Oh my!!  Praise God for the time I finally have to fill my life up with the things that I choose (as God leads!).  I have been enjoying getting familiar with Proverbs 31 Ministries, and entering all of the contests for scholarships to the  She Speaks Conference that I would LOVE to attend.  I've heard it said that our children are digital natives, while my generation are digital immigrants.  Well, this digital immigrant is finding it difficult to forsake my native language of scraps of paper and worn journals for this new language of blogging!

Today's contest calls on us to emulate a wonderful example of writing that Ernest Hemingway gave us many years before the digital world was even imagined.  His telling of a story in only 6 words certainly would have been good practice for Twitter.

Now, for my 6 words:  Alzheimer's deletes ... but originals in heaven!


As I was thinking on what story I could tell, my mind went back to a truth God gave me in my devotions this morning, as I read Psalm 139.  Verse 16 says that all of our days are written in God's book, and it struck me, that God keeps a diary of my days!  Even though a disease can take our memories on earth, they are forever remembered in heaven, praise the Lord!  Although I am so thankful that my life has not been touched by the pain of seeing a loved one lose their memories, the Holy Spirit told me to tuck that away in my heart.  Perhaps one day, I or a loved one, or someone God brings across my path will need that assurance.

I have recorded the 6 word story the Holy Spirit gave me in the margin of my Bible by Psalm 139:16, and I am sharing it with my dear sisters seeking a scholarship to the She Speaks Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment